Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

To Theme or Not to Theme?

So apparently you have to have a theme for your blog if you want it to do well. I don't really even care much about reaching a huge audience, but, of course, it would be awesome. However, I did want to have an ad or two along the side to see if I could generate any revenue. I knew it would be minimal, but I have been denied. Apparently, because my blog isn't really about anything, I don't qualify. **Boo, hiss!** Oh well, maybe one day I'll have a theme.

I just don't know how one person can write about one thing for so long. Doesn't it get boring or the pressure to come up with yet another post with a new spin overwhelming? I have lots of interests and random thoughts that I like to share. I could share about education, but the problem lies in that I just use everyone else's ideas that I find on the web. I'm not exactly innovative. I'd have to get a lot more sleep than I currently do to even pretend to be innovative. I'd love to write a blog that documents my travel adventures (this sounds like the most fun!!!), but I don't make enough money as a teacher to be able to travel. *sigh*  I could blog about parenting a bipolar child, but he's an adult now and with his current cocktail of medication he is pretty much your average 18-year old (except you're way cooler, Kiefer!). Of course, I'm super happy about not being able to to blog about that last one. I'd much rather have a happy, healthy kid!

So, while I try to think up a theme I could actually stick to, please feel free to continue to read (or not read) the unconnected blog posts of my daily life. :-)

P.S.
Theme ideas welcomed.

3 comments:

  1. What I originally posted in two comments were the following:

    "The Awesomeness that is David"

    and

    "Mandi's State of Education" A play on the word state---what it looks like today according to you---and how you would shape public education under your imperial rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably going to be a no on both of those (especially the first one!), but thanks for playing. ;-) Haha! No, but really, I appreciate the input.

      Delete
    2. No more dancing for you...Magic David....out!

      Delete

Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by!